RE: [Videolib] VRT at ALA Midwinter Boston Jan. 2005

Speirs, Sr Gilmary (speirs@es.marywood.edu)
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 16:24:18 -0500

Is anyone attending?

Sr. Gilmary Speirs, IHM
Collection Management Librarian for non-Print
Marywood University Library
2300 Adams Ave.
Scranton, PA 18509
E-mail speirs@marywood.edu
Phone: (570)348-6266
FAX: (570)961-4769

-----Original Message-----
From: Nell Chenault [mailto:njchenau@vcu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 5:06 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu; vrt@ala.org; Danielle Alderson
Subject: [Videolib] VRT at ALA Midwinter Boston Jan. 2005

Please join ALA's Video Round Table <http://www.ala.org/ala/vrt/vrt.htm>
at our meetings and discussions at the ALA Midwinter Meeting
<http://www.ala.org/ala/eventsandconferencesb/midwinter/2005/home.htm>
this coming January in Boston, MA. All VRT members are encourage to
attend. Non-members are also welcome to observe, or to join and get
involved! Please forgive any cross posting of this announcement.

We will also be gathering for an informal dinner Friday night - all
members of Video Round Table and VideoLib are welcome to join us and
meet other video enthusiasts. See separate posting about the VRT Friday
Night Dinner.

VRT Membership Meeting (2 meetings)
VRT members will be sent the meeting agenda and ALA Annual meeting
minutes closer to Midwinter - through our new member list - vrt@ala.org.

Saturday, January 15, 2005 from 9:30 a.m. to 11:20 a.m.
Location: Omni Parker House, Press Room

Monday, January 17, 2005 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Location: Westin, Great Republic
Note: The ALA Itineray Planner lists this meeting from 9 - noon.
We are working to correct this time error.

Digital Media Discussion Group

Saturday, January 15, 2005 from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Location: Omni Parker House, Press Room

Notable Videos for Adults Committee
These are open meetings, where you can /*observe*/ the committee in
action as they finish their viewing and deliberate for this year's
notable video list.

Saturday, January 15, 2005 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Location: Omni Parker House, Isaabella Stewart Gardner
Committee organization and viewing

Sunday, January 11, 2005 from 2:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Location: Hynes Convention Center Rm. 301
More viewing

Monday, January 12, 2005 from 12:30 p.m to 5:00 p.m.
Location: Westin, Nausett
Notable videos selection and final meeting

I am looking forward to seeing you all there - and to enjoying the Back
Bay and it's proximity to the hub of Boston and Cambridge (film location
for /Good Will Hunting/, /Lemony Smicket's A Series of Unfortunate
Events/, /Mystic River/, /Love Story/, original /Thomas Crown Affair/,
/This Old House/, /Banacek,/ and original home of /Queer Eye for the
Straight Guy/).

Nell Chenault
VRT Chair
Access Librarian and Head, Media and Reserve Services
VCU Libraries
Richmond, VA 23284-2033
(804) 828-2070 (voice mail) or 828-1088