Re: [Videolib] Nursing media vendors

Susan Weber (sweber@langara.bc.ca)
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 14:33:12 -0800

I've been compiling a list, lately for nursing educators. Here's my list,
so far.:

Nursing Sources

Altschul Group Corporation (a.k.a. United Learning)
Aquarius
Channing L. Bete Co
CineMedic
Coastal
Concept Media
Delmar
Education, Training and Research Associates
Envision, Inc.
Fanlight
Filmakers Library
Health Edco.
Healthsoft, Inc.
Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins
Medcom
Medfilms (Canada)
Medical Audio-Visua (Canada)l
Milner Fenwick
Nimco
Safety Care (Australia, Canada)
The Training Network
Video-O-Go

I have these in a table with URLs if anyone wants to ask me, off-list
I'll send it as an attachment.

Susan
sweber@langara.bc.ca

At 12:20 PM 2004-12-08, ofiarad@sunyacc.edu wrote:
>Hello:
> I am looking for a list of health care, but specifically, nursing
> video and
>DVD vendors. Certain videos that are used in our nursing curriculum are
>getting
>outdated and I am looking for newer versions in certain topical areas.
>Here are some of the nursing/health care vendors that we currently deal with.
>Can you recommend any others? Also, can you suggest or should we subscribe to
>an online service like NICEM to locate media? I have access to Video Source
>Book right now.
>
>Nursing media vendors we have used:
>
>Concept Media
>Medcom Trainex
>Lippincott Williams and Wilkins
>Aquarius Health Care Videos
>Fanlight
>Saunders/Elsevier/Mosley
>Ram Ex Ars Medica
>Delmar Publishing
>Coastal Training Technologies
>Chip Taylor Communications
>United Learning
>Films for the Humanities
>Insight Media
>
>Any additional that you would recommend?
>
> Dave Ofiara
> Media Librarian
> Adirondack Community College
> Queensbury, New York

-- --- -- --- -- --- --
Susan Weber
Media Librarian, Langara College
Advanced Education Media Acquisitions Centre (AEMAC)
http://www.langara.bc.ca/aemac

Fast Forward Educational Media Showcase, April 27-28, 2005
http://www.langara.bc.ca/ffwd

100 West 49th Avenue
Vancouver, British Columbia Canada V5Y 2Z6
Tel. (604) 323-5533 Fax. (604) 323-5475
email: sweber@langara.bc.ca