Re: [Videolib] Bad news: "Moi un Noir" & "Afrique Sur Seine"

Delin, Peter (delin@zlb.de)
Wed, 01 Dec 2004 15:58:36 +0100

Dear Marilyn,

the French Foreign Ministry keeps a collection called "Cinémathèque
Afrique" (1.200 titles) 500 titles of which can be borrowed. Both titles
you are searching for are part of this collection in 16mm/UMatic/VHS
http://www.adpf.asso.fr/cinematheque/catalogue/index.html

To the complete collection only cultural centers and educational
institutions within
France and official French cultural centers in several African countries
have access. http://www.adpf.asso.fr/cinematheque/conditions/index.html

To a subsection of this collection also French cultural centers in other
countries are admitted under certain conditions.
http://www.adpf.asso.fr/cinematheque/conditions/liste.html
But "Afrique Sur Seine" is excluded from this list. "Moi un Noir" is
part of this subsection but blocked for certain countries, among them
the US. In general this sort of red tape is called copyright! (That
means there might be rightsowners of these two titles in the US).

Perhaps there is a chance to get help by French cultural institutions in
the US, for example by this one:
http://www.facecouncil.org/
Contact:
Agatha Ciancarelli