Re: [Videolib] Film search: "Moi un Noir" & "Afrique-Sur-Seine"

Delin, Peter (delin@zlb.de)
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 20:59:07 +0100

Dear Marilyn,

as far as I see none of these two titles is available:

"Moi, un noir : Treichville" had been available on video in France in
the series "Les films de ma vie" from Ciné Vidéo Film during the first
half of the nineties but is now out of print. The three entries in
WorldCat are this edition from France.

There are lots of films by Jean Rouch available from CNRS
http://videotheque.cnrs.fr/TaurusPlusWeb/rouch/filmsrouch.htm
but not his one.

There are clips of this film in "Rouch in reverse" available from
California Newsreel http://www.newsreel.org/nav/title.asp?tc=CN0078

"Afrique-Sur-Seine" has never been on video as far as I know - and there
is know entry in WorldCat. Perhaps on might find a source at a French
government agency. But I have to finish because our library is closing.

with kind regards
Peter Delin
Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin
http://www.zlb.de/index.html