RE: [Videolib] securing double-sided DVDs

Benjamin Sprague (Sprague@riponlibrary.org)
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:05:33 -0600

Beth,

Our tech staff uses the little donut labels for identifying the discs
with no reported problems - however, these may be smaller than the 3M
security hubs - which I believe is what you're referring to.

If it's just the donut labels, they shouldn't interfere with playback.

Benjamin D. Sprague
----------------------
Circulation Supervisor /
Technology Services
Ripon Public Library
website: http://www.riponlibrary.org
email: sprague@riponlibrary.org

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Beth Williams
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2004 12:09 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] securing double-sided DVDs

Hello-- we are starting to run into double-sided DVDs and the donut
security label we now use won't work for these (at least I don't think
they
do). Does anyone know of a way to secure these DVDs other than
investing
in locking boxes? Thanks in advance---

Beth Williams
Circulation
North Hall Library
570-662-4690
ewilliam@mnsfld.edu

"To say I am merely depressed that he was re-elected is to say the
Titanic
sustained a little paint damage. I speak not from any particular
affinity
for John Kerry, but from a conviction that Mr. Bush's peculiar
combination
of zealotry and utter incompetence constitutes a clear and present
danger
to national security and international stability."
Published on Monday, November 8, 2004 by the Baltimore Sun Is This the
Beginning of the End for America? by Leonard Pitts Jr.