RE: [Videolib] borrowing fees for videos

Tatar, Becky (bltata@aurora.lib.il.us)
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:06:32 -0600

At this time, we charge $1 per title, for all titles - feature films,
nonfiction, children's. Some titles, such as a miniseries, are 2 tapes
in a case, so people catch a break on those. Fines are $1 per day, up
to $30 or the cost of tape, whichever comes first.

Becky Tatar
Periodicals/Audiovisuals
Aurora Public Library
1 E. Benton Street
Aurora, IL 60505
Phone: 630-264-4100
FAX: 630-896-3209
bltata@aurora.lib.il.us
www.aurora.lib.il.us

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Sarah
Beasley
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 8:52 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] borrowing fees for videos

Hi All,

I am sure this topic has been discussed before, but I couldn't find
anything in the archives.

We are beginning a discussion about the possibility of charging a small
borrowing fee for feature films. I'm interested in hearing from other
public libraries that charge for videos. How much do you charge? Do
you charge for everything in the collection? If not, what do you charge
for and how do you define what falls into that category? If you have a
written statement/policy that you are willing to share, I'd love to see
a copy.

Thanks!

Sarah Beasley
Manager, Film and Audio Department
Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
4400 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412.622.1918
beasleys@carnegielibrary.org

The views, opinions, and judgments expressed in this message are solely
those of the author. The message contents have not been reviewed or
approved by the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh.