RE: [Videolib] Victory over the Sun: A Reconstruction of the 1913

Pomes, Stephen (Stephen.Pomes@mms.gov)
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:27:19 -0700

An excerpt of a live performance of "Victory over the Sun" is included in
the documentary, "The Avant-Garde in Russia." I recall seeing this several
times on A&E years back. Hugh Downs hosts the documentary, and it ties into
an exhibit from the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.

http://www.library.american.edu/subject/media/art_t.html

The artist Kazimir Malevich designed the costumes for the original 1913
performance. The link below includes the original costume designs and a
link to clip of the modern reconstruction of the play. (Because of our
filtering software, I was unable to access the clip.)

http://max.mmlc.northwestern.edu/~mdenner/Drama/plays/victory/1victory.html

I hope that this helps.

Steve
Stephen V. Pomes, Librarian
Library
Minerals Management Service
U.S. Dept. of the Interior
1201 Elmwood Park Blvd., MS 5031
New Orleans, LA 70123-2394
Telephone: 504-736-2521
Fax: 504-736-2525
E-Mail: stephen.pomes@mms.gov

Opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily correspond to those of

my employer.