Re: [Videolib] Question on Site license agreement - ABC News video

Brigid Duffy (bduffy@sfsu.edu)
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 12:11:08 -0800

--Apple-Mail-4--509898965

Facets Multimedia (http://www.facets.org) Item # S12687, $24.98 plus=20
shipping, in stock.

Brigid Duffy
Audio Visual/ITV Center
San Francisco State University
San Francisco CA 94132-4200
E-mail: bduffy@sfsu.edu

On Thursday, November 11, 2004, at 10:35 AM, Susan Alexander wrote:

> Does anyone know how I could find out where to get an ABC program,=20
> that originally aired on TV in 1981 , called "American Held Hostage"=20=

> done by Pierre Salinger.=A0
> Any suggestions, please let me know.
> =A0
> Susan Alexander
> Media Consultant
> Films Media Group
> 1-800-257-5126

Duffy
> Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 5:32 PM
> To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
> Subject: Re: [Videolib] Question on Site license agreement - ABC News=20=

> video
>
> I have run into this before with ABC News. Returned a tape to them=20
> once, because of this.
>
> Many ABC News shows are also sold by Films for the Humanities &=20
> Sciences (http://www.films.com) which does NOT make purchasers sign=20
> this agreement.
>
> Incidentally, we have had a purchase order hanging with ABC for many=20=

> months because they will not ship until the order is complete. I've=20
> limited myself to calling once a month on this order; the last two=20
> times the person at ABC said they would get back to me the same day on=20=

> when I could expect fulfillment. My next call is scheduled for October=20=

> 5 ...
>

> Brigid Duffy
> Audio Visual/ITV Center
> San Francisco State University
> San Francisco CA 94132-4200
> E-mail: bduffy@sfsu.edu
>

> On Thursday, September 16, 2004, at 11:38 AM, Karen Harrison wrote:
>
> Been lurking awhile on this list and enjoying the variety of posts.=20
> =A0Just cataloging a new video today published by ABC News=A0 which=20
> included a full page Site license agreement indicating that the=20
> agreement expires on08/30/2006! =A0And on or before that date we =
should=20
> send $25 to renew the agreement.=A0=A0 Never seen a video license=20
> agreement like this before.=A0 Is this common?=A0 If so, do other=20
> libraries with videos keep track of these expirations and cough up the=20=

> money to renew them?=A0=A0 The other parts of the agreement look =
pretty=20
> standard, i.e.- =A0can=92t copy the video, =A0or charge for viewing =
the=20
> video, etc..
>
> Karen Harrison
> Catalog Librarian
> Vi Tasler Library,Bellevue,WA
>
> CityUniversity
> Change your life for good=AE
>

> =A0

--Apple-Mail-4--509898965

Facets Multimedia (http://www.facets.org) Item # S12687, $24.98 plus
shipping, in stock.

Brigid Duffy

Audio Visual/ITV Center

San Francisco State University

San Francisco CA 94132-4200

E-mail: bduffy@sfsu.edu

On Thursday, November 11, 2004, at 10:35 AM, Susan Alexander wrote:

<excerpt>Does anyone know how I could find out where to get an ABC
program, that originally aired on TV in 1981 , called "American Held
Hostage" done by Pierre Salinger.=A0

Any suggestions, please let me know.

=A0

Susan Alexander

Media Consultant

Films Media Group

1-800-257-5126

<smaller>-----Original Message-----

<bold>From:</bold> videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] <bold>On Behalf Of
</bold>Jed Horovitz

<bold>Sent:</bold> Friday, September 17, 2004 9:22 AM

<bold>To:</bold> videolib@library.berkeley.edu

<bold>Subject:</bold> RE: [Videolib] Question on Site license
agreement - ABC News video

is part of Disney empire.=A0 They are historically at the front of
expanding IP rights at the expense of society, consumers, future
creators, current competitors, you name it.=A0 Others follow by
necessity.=A0 Please resist and buy something from another more

<smaller>-----Original Message-----

<bold>From:</bold> videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]<bold>On Behalf Of
</bold>Brigid Duffy

<bold>Sent:</bold> Thursday, September 16, 2004 5:32 PM

<bold>To:</bold> videolib@library.berkeley.edu

<bold>Subject:</bold> Re: [Videolib] Question on Site license
agreement - ABC News video

</smaller>I have run into this before with ABC News. Returned a tape
to them once, because of this.

[...]

</excerpt>=

--Apple-Mail-4--509898965--