RE: [Videolib] Gary's Intro to Doc class

Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:57:34 -0800

Thanks Marc...I've ordered a copy of Forgotten Silver for the Media
Center...haven't seen it yet.

Still trying to figure out what to use in this slot. I love the film I
tentatively have planned for mock/doc: Mao: The Real Man (First
Run/Icarus) which is a hilarious send-up of historical documentary
evidence, documentary codes and conventions (and of academic pretension, to
boot). I was also considering the French film "Man Bites Dog" in which
doc filmmakers get a little too involved in filming the life of a serial
killer (thereby skewering (literally) verite conventions of non-intervention).

Thanks!

Gary

At 01:27 PM 11/10/2004 -0600, you wrote:

>Since you are ending with Mock Docs, perhaps Peter Jackson's "Forgotten
>Silver" would be appropriate? The students would certainly be in a position
>to appreciate all the film history jokes...
>

>Thanks,
>Marc Syp
>Supervisor, Film Library
>St. Louis Public Library