RE: [Videolib] Gary's Intro to Doc class

Syp, Marc P. (MSyp@slpl.lib.mo.us)
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 13:27:46 -0600

Since you are ending with Mock Docs, perhaps Peter Jackson's "Forgotten
Silver" would be appropriate? The students would certainly be in a position
to appreciate all the film history jokes...

Thanks,
Marc Syp
Supervisor, Film Library
St. Louis Public Library
314.206.6704

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Gary Handman
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2004 10:55 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Gary's Intro to Doc class

Hi all...

In an effort to get our minds off of fee-for-service issues....I'm honored
to have been asked to teach the intro to documentary class in the film
studies dept here at UCB next semester. Really excited about it (65
students! yow!) Thought it might be fun to share the syllabus with you
(still a work in progress). I'd be very interested in hearing your comments
and/or suggestions. I need all the counsel and advice I can get.

Cheers!

Gary

UC Berkeley
ghandman@library.berkeley.edu