RE: [Videolib] borrowing fees for videos

Griest, Bryan (BGriest@ci.glendale.ca.us)
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 13:00:01 -0800

The business model is already in place for media rentals; people really
don't seem to mind paying for this kind of access. As I said earlier, if we
weren't renting them out, we wouldn't be collecting them at all. Is that
better?

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Jerry Notaro
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 11:35 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] borrowing fees for videos

Well this long time Media Librarian agrees with you. I think it is blackmail
to charge for borrowing media and not books. And I've said so many times on
this list. The same trick was used by the School Board I used to teach for.
When the citizens didn't pass the proposed school budget, the first to go
was bus transportation and school lunches and sports.

Jerry