RE: [Videolib] borrowing fees for videos

Fersenheim, Tania (FersenheimT@neco.edu)
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 13:04:27 -0500

I don't work at a public library, but I use my local public library a
lot!

They charge a $2 fee for all DVDs, but VHS is free.
They instituted the fee after budget cuts; previously borrowing DVDs was
free.

They stated that their reason for charging for DVDs was to enable them
to buy more DVDs for the collection, since the budget cuts had reduced
their media budget.

I'm not sure if they have a written policy or not, but I will ask.

I am personally more than happy to pay the $2 fee, since they take
better care of their DVDs than my local video store does.

Tania Hewes Fersenheim

Technical Services & Systems Librarian
New England College of Optometry
424 Beacon Street