RE: [Videolib] "Video librarians" on the organizational chart

Laroi Lawton (laroi.lawton@bcc.cuny.edu)
Sat, 6 Nov 2004 11:18:41 -0500

1
As the person in charge of the audio-visual unit of the Library, I
report to the Chief Librarian. She in turn reports to the Dean of
Academic Affairs.
2
We are located in a separate building from the library but at one time
were housed in the lower
level of the library. Because of flooding issues we were moved to a
separate building back in 1989.
3
I supervise two full-time people; one Office Assistant, one Library
College Lab Tech as well as 5 part-time college assistants, and 5
part-time professional library Adjuncts. In total, 12.
4
We do not circulate equipment.
5
All professional staff, myself included do instructional classes both
general and specialized per faculty requests in our classroom which
seats 30 students.
6
We do not produce.

LaRoi Lawton
Assistant Professor/Director
Gerald S. Lieblich Learning Resources Center
Library & Learning Resources Department
Bronx Community College/CUNY
University Ave. & W. 181 Street
Bronx, NY 10453