Re: [Videolib] "Video librarians" on the organizational chart

Gail Fedak (gfedak@mtsu.edu)
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 14:57:04 -0600

Maureen,
I report to a Director, who reports to the Dean of the College of Education
and Behavioral Science, who reports to the Provost. We are an independent
library on campus, not reporting to nor located in the campus' main Library.
We are physically located in the Learning Resources Center, which is now the
College of Education building - which also houses a TV studio, student TV
studio and radio station, campus radio station, campus publications and
graphics office, teacher licensure office, A/V Services media equipment
repair and lending department, university photographer's office, education
technology center and classrooms, graduate student technology development
lab, (maybe more). It's a long story, as well. We don't circulate or repair
equipment, the A/V Services folks do that (they report to the same director
I do). We are not generally involved in media production, but I did fuel the
effort to produce a replacement for a very old and worn out program that our
TV studio had produced years earlier - only out of exasperation. I supervise
a staff of 4 full time employees (2 admin, 2 classified), 4 GAs, and 6-10
student workers. My admin. staff and I conduct media library instruction
sessions for the University 1010 (how to be a college student) classes upon
request. Good luck with your restructuring.
Gail

Gail B. Fedak
Manager, Instructional Media Resources
Middle Tennessee State University