Re: [Videolib] Documentary films on disabilities

Gary Handman (
Fri, 05 Nov 2004 10:39:30 -0800

Here are my favorites

Breathing Lessons (Fanlight Productions (
When Billy Broke His Head (Fanlight Productions (
Twitch and Shout (about Tourette's Syndrome) (New Day Films)
In the Land of the Deaf (Kino)
King Gimp (Films for the Humanities

At 11:15 AM 11/5/2004 -0600, you wrote:

>I am putting together a program on disabilities for next year. I have found
>various resources on the web and have an overwhelming amount of material to
>choose from. I have a lot of fiction films for the purposes of discussion,
>but I would like to round this out with good documentaries. We are
>focussing primarily on physical disabilities but not exclusively. Any
>suggestions for titles with PPR available are welcome. Thanks!
>Marc Syp
>Supervisor, Film Library
>St. Louis Public Library
>Videolib mailing list