Re: [Videolib] Interfiling

Pat Shufeldt (pashuf@charter.net)
Wed, 03 Nov 2004 19:14:37 -0500

As I recall, the Gwinnett County Public Library, Lawrenceville, GA,
interfiled all nonfiction materials--including both juvenile & adult, and
all media types--about 10 years ago. At the time this was done, they were
implementing a major automation project and building expansion, and a
decision was made to interfile all materials nonfiction that time.

I've not inquired since, but I wondered how long that interfiling lasted,
what parts of it worked effectively, and what gave the most problems. You
may want to talk with someone at that library to find out more about their
experiences. The library's website is
http://www.gwinnettpl.org

Pat Shufeldt
Greenville, SC