[Videolib] Downloading video from the Web

Mark W. Kopp (iu8film@iu08.org)
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:25:16 -0400

According to the website, download the videos from here:

http://www.johnkerry.com/video/download.html

From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Tenglund,
Ann
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 10:38 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Downloading video from the Web

Does anyone have any tips on downloading video clips from the Web?

We have a student who needs to capture clips from John Kerry's Web site
at http://www.johnkerry.com . She needs to use a couple of his
commercials in her thesis (which is being done in video format). She
wrote to them and received permission to use the commercials--in fact,
they said that she and anyone else was free to download and use anything
that was there.

However, we are having no luck in saving it to disk for her to use. We
are at the point now where we are going to have to try a digital camera
to film it while it plays on the site, but it just seems that there
should be a better way.

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Ann M. Tenglund
Coordinator of Library Computer Services and Library Instruction
Friedsam Memorial Library St. Bonaventure University St. Bonaventure, NY
14778 ateng@sbu.edu