[Videolib] Downloading video from the Web

Carol Dunn (dunn@findlaylibrary.org)
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:04:18 -0400

Using a digital camera to capture the video works quite well.
I did that myself when a friend was on public TV.
But, why not download it to the hard drive and then
move it to a CDRW?
Carol

-----Original Message-----
From: Tenglund, Ann [mailto:ATENG@sbu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 11:38 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Downloading video from the Web

Does anyone have any tips on downloading video clips from the Web?

We have a student who needs to capture clips from John Kerry's Web site at
http://www.johnkerry.com . She needs to use a couple of his commercials in
her thesis (which is being done in video format). She wrote to them and
received permission to use the commercials--in fact, they said that she and
anyone else was free to download and use anything that was there.

However, we are having no luck in saving it to disk for her to use. We are
at the point now where we are going to have to try a digital camera to film
it while it plays on the site, but it just seems that there should be a
better way.

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Ann M. Tenglund
Coordinator of Library Computer Services and Library Instruction
Friedsam Memorial Library
St. Bonaventure University
St. Bonaventure, NY 14778
ateng@sbu.edu