[Videolib] labeling of PAL format media

Stockwell, Patricia (Patricia.Stockwell@ppcc.edu)
Fri, 8 Oct 2004 07:42:52 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4AD3C.B5139920
I asked our cataloging librarian if she has ever heard of PAL formatted
media. Could you explain to us newbie's what that is. I have never heard
of it and we were also wondering what type of equipment you need to view
this type of media.

Patricia J. Stockwell

Library Technician III / College Archivist

Pikes Peak Community College

5675 S. Academy Blvd. Box 7

Colorado Springs, CO 80906

patricia.stockwell@ppcc.edu <mailto:patricia.stockwell@ppcc.edu>

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephanie Davis-Kahl [mailto:sdaviska@iwu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2004 3:29 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] labeling of PAL format media

Hello all,

My library recently purchased equipment to view PAL formatted media, and the
orders for movies in PAL format are coming in pretty quickly (which is
great, faculty are very excited). Our videos and DVDs are integrated into
our stacks, shelved by LC call number with related books and journals. What
kind of labeling have people used to alert users that the item they're
holding is in PAL format and won't work in their personal VCR/DVD player
(for example)?

Thanks!

Stephanie

(first time poster!)