[Videolib] labeling of PAL format media

Carol Dunn (dunn@findlaylibrary.org)
Fri, 8 Oct 2004 08:50:46 -0400

Stephanie,
I would have custom made labels for the spine---just PAL in black lettering
with a red background.
We do that with our Foreign Films, you can see it from across the room.
Regards,
Carol Dunn
AV Manager, NT Administrator and Webmaster
Findlay-Hancock County Public Library
206 Broadway
Findlay, Ohio 45840
dunn@findlaylibrary.org <mailto:dunn@findlaylibrary.org>

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephanie Davis-Kahl [mailto:sdaviska@iwu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2004 5:29 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] labeling of PAL format media

Hello all,

My library recently purchased equipment to view PAL formatted media, and the
orders for movies in PAL format are coming in pretty quickly (which is
great, faculty are very excited). Our videos and DVDs are integrated into
our stacks, shelved by LC call number with related books and journals. What
kind of labeling have people used to alert users that the item they're
holding is in PAL format and won't work in their personal VCR/DVD player
(for example)?

Thanks!

Stephanie

(first time poster!)