[Videolib] copyright notices

Gail Fedak (gfedak@mtsu.edu)
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 12:01:47 -0500

fax 615-898-2530
email gfedak@mtsu.edu

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Deborah Benrubi=20
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu=20
Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2004 6:49 PM
Subject: [Videolib] copyright notices

Dear Video-libbers,

This is my first posting to this list so please be gentle! I looked in =
the archives and couldn't find anything about copyright notices. Here's =
my question:=20

The videos in our smallish collection have been acquired for class =
instruction, so we haven't been worried about purchasing public =
performance rights, but as our collection grows and becomes more popular =
we're concerned about possible public use (non =
face-to-face-in-a-classroom) by profs or students. What, if anything, do =
other academic libraries do? Do any libraries place copyright notices on =
those circulating videos that did not come with public performance =
rights? If you have such a notice will you share the wording? =20

Your input is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Deborah Benrubi
Technical Services Librarian
University of San Francisco
Gleeson Library|Geschke Center
2130 Fulton St.
San Francisco, CA 94117

PHONE (415) 422-5672 / FAX (415) 422-2233 or 422-5062
EMAIL <benrubi@usfca.edu>

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...