[Videolib] Disc skins for playing side?

Will Meredith (Will.Meredith@RoyalRoads.ca)
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 10:27:54 -0700

Myles,

We ordered a tin of 5 d_skins for our library, to test them out. I tried
them on on all 2 of the DVDs in our collection and they rendered both discs
unplayable. Fortunately, the skins are very easy to remove.
I will try the d_skins again when we get more DVDs, so I can be sure it
wasn't those particular discs, but based on my limited experience, I cannot
recommend this product.

William Meredith

Librarian
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Rd.
Victoria, B.C. Canada V9B 5Y2
(250) 391 2600 ext 4433

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Jaeschke, Myles
Sent: Saturday, October 02, 2004 9:07 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Disc skins for playing side?

Hi all-

Is anyone currently using those transparent protection films that cling on
to the playing side of a disc? One brand is DVfender or CDfender. I already
have some thoughts on the product but I would like to know if anybody else
is using them or has experience with them.

Best,
Myles Jaeschke

Tulsa City-County Library

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...