[Videolib] INSIGHT MEDIA VIDEOS ON GEOGRAPHY

Pamela Sue Reeves (PReeves@uwyo.edu)
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 08:14:31 -0600

I agree, generally you can find the title from the original producer and
purchase it at a lower price. The original producer will often let you
preview before you purchase a title also and Insight does not.

Pamela Reeves
preeves@uwyo.edu
Manager
University of Wyoming
Audio Visual Services
Dept. #3334
1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071
(307)766-3184

-----Original Message-----
From: deg farrelly [mailto:deg.farrelly@asu.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 9:24 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] INSIGHT MEDIA VIDEOS ON GEOGRAPHY

In a way this is like asking if the books Amazon sells are good.

My understanding is that Insight is not a producer, but a distributor of
selected titles. Or more acturately, a re-distributor, since many of
the
titles Insight carries are also distributed by other companies.

It's hard to tell much more since Insight's mailings describe the videos
they distribute, but don't provide the name of the producer, date, and
other
pertinent information.

While we have purchased from Insight in the past, generally we try to
find
the content from the original producer, often at a lower price.

I'd be interested in hearing others' perceptions of the Insight product
line.

--
deg farrelly, Associate Librarian
Arizona State University West Library