[Videolib] Coordinates for the ALA conference

Brigid Duffy (bduffy@sfsu.edu)
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 07:28:44 -0700

Thank you for registering for American Library Association=92s Make =20
Copyright Work For Your Library teleconference on September 24, 2004, =20=

at noon Eastern Daylight Time.=A0 We appreciate your patience -- our =20
vendors just provided the linking information.=A0 Again, we appreciate =20=

your graciousness.=A0

Here is the information for which you have been waiting:

IF YOU WISH TO DOWNLINK THE BROADCAST FROM THE SATELLITE, HERE ARE YOUR =20=

COORDINATES:

C-band AMC-4, Transponder 17, Channel 17, 4040 MHz (Vertical),
101 degrees West Longitude, Audio 6.2 & 6.8 kHz

Should you need technical assistance for the satellite downlink, the =20
technical help line is 630-942-4251.=A0 Just leave a message and a =20
technician will get back to you.

IF YOU WISH TO VIEW THE TELECONFERENCE OVER THE WEB VIA STREAMING =20
VIDEO, here is what you need to know:

To receive the Webcast, you need Windows Media Player 8 or higher. You =20=

can get an updated Windows player here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/download/=20
download.aspx

The Macintosh version is available here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/software/Macintosh/osx/=20
default.aspx

The URL for the 300 kb link is:
http://powerlink.powerstream.net/002/00242/live1.asx

The URL for the 100 kb link is:
http://powerlink.powerstream.net/002/00242/live2.asx

THIS LINK WILL NOT BE ACTIVE UNTIL FRIDAY MORNING.

VHS tapes and DVDs of the broadcast will be available at thirty and =20
forty dollars respectively (Includes shipping in continental U. S.).=A0 =20=

To order. Please e-mail us at teleconference@cdnet.cod.edu or phone us =20=

at 800 3-LINKUP (800 354-6587).

We always appreciate your feedback.=A0 During the broadcast we will =20
provide the URL for a short electronic evaluation form. As a bonus, the =20=

names of all respondents will be entered in a raffle and two winners =20
will be drawn, each to receive a $100 Borders Books gift certificate.

If you have additional questions just call us toll-free at 800 354-6587 =20=

(3-LINKUP) and we will be happy to help you.

Cathy Russo
Teleconference Services
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Boulevard
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137-6599

On Thursday, September 23, 2004, at 02:36 PM, Schmitt, Mike wrote:

> We registered for the ALA satellite conference on 9/24 but have not =20=

> received coordinates.=A0 Does anyone have them?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike Schmitt
> UW-Green Bay

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...