[Videolib] FW: Satellite Coordinates and URL for ALA Copyright

Speirs, Sr Gilmary (speirs@es.marywood.edu)
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:55:38 -0400

Just received these details; see note about registering....

Sr. Gilmary Speirs, IHM
Collection Management Librarian for non-Print
Marywood University Library
2300 Adams Ave.
Scranton, PA 18509
E-mail speirs@marywood.edu
Phone: (570)348-6266
FAX: (570)961-4769

-----Original Message-----
From: Teleconference [mailto:teleconference@cdnet.cod.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 2:53 PM
Subject: Satellite Coordinates and URL for ALA Copyright Teleconference

Thank you for registering for American Library Association's Make Copyright
Work For Your Library teleconference on September 24, 2004, at noon Eastern
Daylight Time. We appreciate your patience -- our vendors just provided the
linking information. Again, we appreciate your graciousness.

Here is the information for which you have been waiting:

IF YOU WISH TO DOWNLINK THE BROADCAST FROM THE SATELLITE, HERE ARE YOUR
COORDINATES:

C-band AMC-4, Transponder 17, Channel 17, 4040 MHz (Horizontal),
101 degrees West Longitude, Audio 6.2 & 6.8 kHz

Should you need technical assistance for the satellite downlink, the
technical help line is 630-942-4251. Just leave a message and a technician
will get back to you.

IF YOU WISH TO VIEW THE TELECONFERENCE OVER THE WEB VIA STREAMING VIDEO,
here is what you need to know:

To receive the Webcast, you need Windows Media Player 8 or higher. You can
get an updated Windows player here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/download/download.aspx
<http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/download/download.aspx

The Macintosh version is available here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/software/Macintosh/osx/default
.aspx
<http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/software/Macintosh/osx/defaul
t.aspx>

The URL for the 300 kb link is:
http://powerlink.powerstream.net/002/00242/live1.asx
<http://powerlink.powerstream.net/002/00242/live1.asx>

The URL for the 100 kb link is:
http://powerlink.powerstream.net/002/00242/live2.asx
<http://powerlink.powerstream.net/002/00242/live2.asx>

THIS LINK WILL NOT BE ACTIVE UNTIL FRIDAY MORNING.

VHS tapes and DVDs of the broadcast will be available at thirty and forty
dollars respectively (Includes shipping in continental U. S.). To order.
Please e-mail us at teleconference@cdnet.cod.edu or phone us at 800 3-LINKUP
(800 354-6587).

We always appreciate your feedback. During the broadcast we will provide
the URL for a short electronic evaluation form. As a bonus, the names of all
respondents will be entered in a raffle and two winners will be drawn, each
to receive a $100 Borders Books gift certificate.

If you have additional questions just call us toll-free at 800 354-6587
(3-LINKUP) and we will be happy to help you.

Cathy Russo
Teleconference Services
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Boulevard