[Videolib] DVD's 2, etc.

Delin, Peter (delin@zlb.de)
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 19:00:40 +0200

We've just got "PLAYBACK: Preserving Analog Video" made by the Bay Area
Video Coalition in San Francisco
http://www.bavc.org/classes/dvd/preservation.htm
We used it for a meeting on video preservation yesterday. Here in
Germany there is a huge problem to rescue video collections from the
seventies mainly of video artists from that time. The interactive DVD
demonstrates how important cooperation with the artists is in video
restoring. The restoration process is demonstrated as a preservation
case study with the tape The Eternal Frame
http://www.eai.org/eai/tape.jsp?itemID=4109 in cooperation with Doug
Hall and Chip Lord. The DVD contains the complete film before and after
restoration. Very interesting!

Peter Delin
Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin
http://www.zlb.de/index.html