[Videolib] Only VHS?

MileFilms@aol.com
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 10:54:10 EDT

In a message dated 9/23/04 10:21:35 AM, jrosner@kino.com writes:

> kind of reminds of MONTY PYTHON & THE HOLY GRAIL when they are piling up=20
> the
> people killed in the plague in cart and one person keeps rising and=20
> insisting
> " I AM NOT DEAD YET" Don't kill VHS , Camcorders , film strips etc =A0unti=
l=20
> they literally DIE in that they either won't play or you can't even get th=
e=20
> machine that plays them on eBay
> I LOVE old stuff
>=20

Well, it's time to use smoke signals for this listserv and use the fire to=20
project the lantern slides!

Seriously, I love both old and new technology (we adore our zoetrope in our=20
living room) and VHS tapes will be played with machines that will be availab=
le=20
for years, but every week in Video Store and Video Business magazines are=20
letters from store owners saying that they no longer carry VHS. Since many o=
f the=20
major chains have stopped aready, it's going to be tougher and tougher to fi=
nd=20
the smaller titles coming out on VHS. This year, we didn't come out with the=
=20
format on at least five our our silent film titles and I suspect we aren't=20
alone on this. Gary's absolutely right to worry about his VHS holdings and w=
hat=20
will become of them.

Please note that the line after the one quoted in Monty Python is "Shut up=20
old man! Y' ain't foolin' anybody!" ;-) (And watch out for Tim, the kil=
ler=20
rabbit...)

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video