[Videolib] Holy Ghost People

Pat Shufeldt (pashuf@charter.net)
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 00:40:51 -0400

You might also check with filmmaker Gretchen Robinson about getting a copy of her film
about snake handling in Holiness churches in Greenville, SC, and Newport, TN.
According to the Gretchen's business website the film was winner of the Columbus
Statuette, International Film Festival Best of Show.

The people who take up serpents [VHS] [videorecording] / Gretchen L. Robinson.
[Greenville, S.C.] : G. Robinson Productions, c1974. 1 videocassette (57 min.) : sd.,
col. ; 1/2 in. Executive producer, Gretchen Robinson ; associate producers, Stanley
Woodward, Dale Perry.
Description : Pictures members of a branch of the Holiness churches who base their
religious beliefs and practices on Bible verses, especially Mark 16:18. Shows them as
they handle serpents, hold fire to their bodies, speak in tongues, lay hands on the
sick, and cast out devils. Includes interviews with believers as they discuss their
faith which has brought them into conflict with the law.

Contact information for purchases:
http://www.americanimagemakers.com/movies2.html
My experience in trying to obtain copies of Gretchen's films for the local public
library was that I had to call her regularly in order to get the order filled, but she
would eventually come through. Plan on placing an order at the beginning of the fiscal
year so you have plenty of time to work with her.

Pat Shufeldt
Greenville, SC
pashuf@charter.net