[Videolib] Wording for notes needed!

Susan Weber (sweber@langara.bc.ca)
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 16:10:42 -0700

Kathleen:
It is not clear what you are trying to do.
If you are withdrawing a video, then the record doesn't display, the item
is gone, right?
If you are merely wanting to bring somebody's attention to the fact that an
item
is dated, but is still available in a publisher's/distributors/producers
catalogue,
I don't think that the online catalog is the place for that information.
Not even in 590, local notes.

The item is on your shelf and available because it has merit, or you
withdraw it,
because it has passed its shelf life. Putting a note in a catalogue record
will
likely confuse a borrower more than it will help them as you would have to
And are you willing to constantly keep verifying this information?

If you are, then you have more time than many of us.

Cheers,
Susan

At 07:07 AM 2004-09-22, you wrote:
>I have been trying to withdraw a number of educational videos, only to
>find them still being offered for sale on the company website. I do not
>want to withdraw something that a teacher (K-12) is going to request for
>purchase next week. I have decided that I need wording for a note to add
>to my catalog records for public display for these titles. From the basic
>information, for example: Listed in 2004 ..... Company catalog to
>something more complementary and encouraging like: This classic film
>still.....
>
>Any help would be appreciated. I could put this information in the
>summary or in a 590 note. A collection of notes would be nice for
>variety. Thanks! Kathleen
>
>Kathleen Pallan
>Educational Media Center
>614-883-3158
>Worthington School District
>"What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it thinks about
>education." Harold Howe.
>

>Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, from Worthington Schools,
>Worthington, Ohio, including any attachments,is for the sole use of the
>intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged,
>confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you
>are not the intended recipient or authorized to receive information for
>the recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, use, disclosure,
>distribution, copying, printing, or action taken in reliance on the
>contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received
>this communication in error, please immediately contact the sender
>and destroy the material in its entirety.
>
>Thank you

Susan Weber
Media Librarian, Langara College
Advanced Education Media Acquisitions Centre (AEMAC)
http://www.langara.bc.ca/aemac

100 West 49th Avenue
Vancouver, British Columbia Canada V5Y 2Z6
Tel. (604) 323-5533 Fax. (604) 323-5475
email: sweber@langara.bc.ca