[Videolib] DVD's 2, etc.

James Scholtz (jimscholtz@sdln.net)
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 14:19:30 -0400

MessageWell Mark, I don't know about that concept - I've been in a 'nutrient
bath' for about 6 years and really missed the entire VHS to DVD changeover.
I think I'm going back in to wait out the "next big thing" in video
technology because the world is getting way to confusing - copyright,
technology, the matrix, Arnold S. governor of California, etc. Besides this
steak I'm eating isn't real and it tastes like chicken - or at least I think
it tastes like chicken, but maybe that's the only taste that was leftover
when they handed out tastes. Who is THEY anyway? Thanks for making me
think, because therefore I AM. Jim Scholtz. P.S. Actually, Jed made
great sense when he was discussing copyright and the obsolesence of
equipment. I don't think the writers of even the digital millenium
copyright act thought much about equipment obsolescene or 3rd party
ownership of databases.
-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Mark W. Kopp
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 10:04 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: RE: [Videolib] DVD's 2, etc.

Wait till they develop a "memory replicator", whereby you will stick your
finger in your puter, and you will THINK you saw the movie...and then
imagine the posts here, regarding saving your memory of a particular film,
and the copyright, thereof...

Just a thought...or was it a "matrix"...

Smiling bright in Pennsylvania,

Mark