[Videolib] Public performance rights question

Syp, Marc P. (MSyp@SLPL.LIB.MO.US)
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 12:31:26 -0500

I didn't *assume* that the Mickey t-shirt was simply a rip-off, I proposed
it to *be* a rip-off in the context of making an argument. Have you seen
the shirt I was talking about? I didn't think so, because I made it up in
my head. But here's what it looks like: A t-shirt with a simple, standard,
copyrighted drawing of Mickey with no ironic, artistic, or political
adjustment implied.

Of course, I'm just waiting for you to say that simply the act of creating
and selling a Mickey Mouse rip off is an artistic and political statement
and therefore should be excepted from copyright law... heheh.

Okay, sorry, folks... it's been just too tantalizing and I had to get my
teeth into it too. But I'm done now!

Thanks,
Marc Syp
Supervisor, Film Library