[Videolib] DVD's 2, etc.

Mark W. Kopp (iu8film@iu08.org)
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 10:03:56 -0400

Wait till they develop a "memory replicator", whereby you will stick
your finger in your puter, and you will THINK you saw the movie...and
then imagine the posts here, regarding saving your memory of a
particular film, and the copyright, thereof...

Just a thought...or was it a "matrix"...

Smiling bright in Pennsylvania,

Mark

From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Trent
Nicholas
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 8:30 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: RE: [Videolib] DVD's 2, etc.

"DVD will probably last only five more years and then the next
technology will have even more problems of conversion."

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video

This inconspicuous line buried in Dennis' comments particularly deserves
some reflection. Many of us are in the process--and financial
binds--of converting over our educational collections of VHS to DVD as
titles come out on DVD. Is it truly only 5 more years of life for the
much vaunted DVD? It may take us 5 years to completely convert to DVD!

Can I just wait out DVD and skip to the next technology please?
Will that be dial-up?
In the meantime, we hang on to our 16mm films and projectors for the
big comeback. (Wish I'd kept those filmstrips.)

Thank you,
T. Nicholas
Statewide Media Resources
Virginia Museum of Fine Arts