[Videolib] Public performance rights question

MileFilms@aol.com
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 16:59:39 EDT

In a message dated 9/21/04 12:28:47 PM, BGriest@ci.glendale.ca.us writes:

> You speak of incentives and profits as if those are the only reasons films=
=20
> are made. I say that's pretty narrow minded,=A0and that's the nicest thing=
I=20
> can say.
>=20

I'm too tired of this topic to respond anymore. HOWEVER, this is getting ver=
y=20
personal. I know Jessica and everyone else in the independent film world.=20
NONE of us went into film to make a ton of money, and almost none of us will=
end=20
up with much either. She may have no clue on which baseball team will win th=
e=20
World Series since she's been wrong for the past 95 years (and she can latch=
=20
on to this topic with an ancient mariner's death grip), but she absolutely=20
knows what she's talking about when it comes to film.

I suggest that you a) intern at an archive, independent distributor or a=20
studio for a month to learn any semblence of the business, or b) lobby hard=20=
to=20
have the copyrights changed.

Otherwise, we're just wasting our time on this listserv. I'm finding this=20
somewhat troll-like to be frank about it.

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video
PO Box 128
Harrington Park, NJ 07640