[Videolib] Question on Site license agreement - ABC News vid

Tatar, Becky (bltata@aurora.lib.il.us)
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 14:24:49 -0500

As far as purchasing something from someone else, that's not realistic
either. The title that I am looking for may be just what our collection
needs - perhaps there isn't anything else quite like it out there. I make
a great effort to try to consolidate my orders, but sometimes it's not
possible. Many smaller producers choose to distribute their product
themselves. And while this did start out with a question on an ABC product,
do NBC and CBS do the same thing with licenses? Or has this only been a
question since Disney purchased ABC? And shouldn't people be compensated
for their creative work? And allowed to own it, and decide how it is going
to be used, within reason and the law.

Becky Tatar
Unit Head, Periodicals, Audiovisual
Aurora Public Library