[Videolib] Question on Site license agreement - ABC News video

Jed Horovitz (JedH@internetvideoarchive.com)
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 09:21:46 -0400

ABC is part of Disney empire. They are historically at the front of
expanding IP rights at the expense of society, consumers, future creators,
current competitors, you name it. Others follow by necessity. Please
resist and buy something from another more reasonable company. Jed
-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Brigid Duffy
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 5:32 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Question on Site license agreement - ABC News
video

I have run into this before with ABC News. Returned a tape to them once,
because of this.

Many ABC News shows are also sold by Films for the Humanities & Sciences
(http://www.films.com) which does NOT make purchasers sign this agreement.

Incidentally, we have had a purchase order hanging with ABC for many
months because they will not ship until the order is complete. I've limited
myself to calling once a month on this order; the last two times the person
at ABC said they would get back to me the same day on when I could expect
fulfillment. My next call is scheduled for October 5 ...

Brigid Duffy
Audio Visual/ITV Center
San Francisco State University
San Francisco CA 94132-4200