[Videolib] Question on Site license agreement - ABC News video

Brigid Duffy (bduffy@sfsu.edu)
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 14:31:54 -0700

I have run into this before with ABC News. Returned a tape to them=20
once, because of this.

Many ABC News shows are also sold by Films for the Humanities &=20
Sciences (http://www.films.com) which does NOT make purchasers sign=20
this agreement.

Incidentally, we have had a purchase order hanging with ABC for many=20
months because they will not ship until the order is complete. I've=20
limited myself to calling once a month on this order; the last two=20
times the person at ABC said they would get back to me the same day on=20=

when I could expect fulfillment. My next call is scheduled for October=20=

5 ...

Brigid Duffy
Audio Visual/ITV Center
San Francisco State University
San Francisco CA 94132-4200
E-mail: bduffy@sfsu.edu

On Thursday, September 16, 2004, at 11:38 AM, Karen Harrison wrote:

> Been lurking awhile on this list and enjoying the variety of posts.=20
> =A0Just cataloging a new video today published by ABC News=A0 which=20
> included a full page Site license agreement indicating that the=20
> agreement expires on08/30/2006! =A0And on or before that date we =
should=20
> send $25 to renew the agreement.=A0=A0 Never seen a video license=20
> agreement like this before.=A0 Is this common?=A0 If so, do other=20
> libraries with videos keep track of these expirations and cough up the=20=

> money to renew them?=A0=A0 The other parts of the agreement look =
pretty=20
> standard, i.e.- =A0can=92t copy the video, =A0or charge for viewing =
the=20
> video, etc..
>
> Karen Harrison
> Catalog Librarian