[Videolib] Question on Site license agreement - ABC News video

Andrews, Sarah E (sarah-andrews@uiowa.edu)
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 15:43:21 -0500

Hi-
I've seen those types of license agreements before as well. I am =
setting up triggers or artificial claim dates near the expiration date =
with the idea that we will either pay the fee or withdraw the tape and =
discard. I'm pretty sure some of these have slipped by unnoticed and =
I'm not sure that we have received bills for the renewal fees yet.
=20
Sarah Andrews
University of Iowa Libraries

________________________________

From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu on behalf of Karen Harrison
Sent: Thu 9/16/2004 1:38 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Question on Site license agreement - ABC News video

Been lurking awhile on this list and enjoying the variety of posts. =
Just cataloging a new video today published by ABC News which included =
a full page Site license agreement indicating that the agreement expires =
on 08/30/2006 ! And on or before that date we should send $25 to renew =
the agreement. Never seen a video license agreement like this before. =
Is this common? If so, do other libraries with videos keep track of =
these expirations and cough up the money to renew them? The other =
parts of the agreement look pretty standard, i.e.- can't copy the =
video, or charge for viewing the video, etc..=20

Karen Harrison
Catalog Librarian
Vi Tasler Library, Bellevue, WA

City University