[Videolib] Collection Development Assessment

Thu, 16 Sep 2004 09:36:24 -0500

Thank you Jerry. =20
This is very helpful.--Monique

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Jerry Notaro
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 7:58 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Collection Development Assessment
=09
Monique, and all,
=09
We did a collection development assessment (of sorts) for SACS
accreditation of the Instructional Materials Collection. It may prove
helpful. We distributed surveys to faculty and students. We asked for
area of study, research, and instructional specialization. Then asked
for the following:
=09
Indicate what types of items you have used in the Library's
Instructional Materials Collection.
=09
Then did the following with a 1 to 5 scale from Strongly Agree
to Strongly Disagree:
=09
I can find Instructional Materials using USF Libraries Online
Catalog.
I can find the Instructional Materials that I need on the
Library Shelves.
I find the Library's Instructional Material Collection useful in
my classroom instruction.
The Library's Instructional Materials meet the needs of my
students.
The library has enough copies of items in the Instructional
Materials Collection.
I am satisfied with the currency of the Library's Instructional
Materials Collection.
I am satisfied with the variety of Instructional Materials to
meet my needs.
In general, I am satisfied with the Library's Instructional
Materials Collection. And, of course, Additional comments section.
=09
I did a lot of research before my multiple assessments and was
quite surprised how little direction there is out there for us. Maybe
this is something we should begin focusing on to share among our many
jobs we do.
=09
Jerry Notaro, Media Librarian
University of South Florida St. Petersburg=20

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...