[Videolib] Collection Development Assessment

Mark Richie (n2books@frontiernet.net)
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 21:37:24 -0500

Threatt, Monique L wrote:

> Thanks Mark.
>
> Actually, I think a good assessment form could potentially address all
> or at least a great deal of the issues you raise in your e-mail.
>
> Assessing a collection is a subjective process, but I also think it
> would be ideal if collection managers had a "base guideline" in which
> to assess a collection, and one that could be further manipulated as
> needed.
>
> Right now, I am interested to see how others assess their
> collection(s)--what type of questions or criteria do they set for the
> collection. I know it is my responsibility to create a final
> assessment form that will meet the needs of IUB faculty and students.
>
> Thanks again.
> --Monique

Monique - keep all your notes, sounds like a good Phd project . .
.good luck with your efforts - hope others on the list can contribute.

Cheers - mark

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...