[Videolib] Collection Development Assessment

Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:07:14 -0500

Thanks Mark. =20
=20
Actually, I think a good assessment form could potentially address all
or at least a great deal of the issues you raise in your e-mail.
=20
Assessing a collection is a subjective process, but I also think it
would be ideal if collection managers had a "base guideline" in which to
assess a collection, and one that could be further manipulated as
needed.
=20
Right now, I am interested to see how others assess their
collection(s)--what type of questions or criteria do they set for the
collection. I know it is my responsibility to create a final assessment
form that will meet the needs of IUB faculty and students.
=20
Thanks again.
--Monique