[Videolib] looking for silent film, La Nave (1919)

Delin, Peter (delin@zlb.de)
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:45:34 +0200

Dear Danette,

according to the FIAF database only Italian and Spanish archives own a
print:

Film Description: NAVE, LA (IT, Gabriellino D'Annunzio, 1921)
Film Title: NAVE, LA
Film Country: IT
Film Director: D'Annunzio, Gabriellino
Film Year: 1921
Production Company: Ambrosio-Zanotta, Torino
Cast: Boccolini, Alfredo; Tarlarini, Mary Cleo
Archive: Cineteca Italiana (Milano) [ITC]; Filmoteca Española (Madrid)
[ESM]; Cineteca del Comune di Bologna (Bologna) [ITB]
Access Holdings: 35 mm: ESM, ITB

restored and performed in Pordenone in 1998:
LA NAVE (Ambrosio-Zanotta, 1921) Dir: Gabriellino D'Annunzio, Mario
Roncoroni; based on the 1908 play by G.D'Annunzio; cast: Ida Rubinstein,
Alfredo Boccolini, Mary Cléo Tarlarini. Print restored by the Cineteca
del Comune di Bologna and the Cineteca Italiana, Milan.
http://www.cinetecadelfriuli.org/gcm/previous_editions/edizione1998/dannun.html

There is a good overview of silent movies published on DVD worldwide:
http://www.silent-dvd.net
La Nave is not in this list as is in several other databases (WorldCat,
Italian mail order shops etc.)

With kind regards
Peter Delin/Videolektorat
Zentral- und Landesbiblbiothek Berlin