[Videolib] Direct Cinema --=?ISO-8859-1?B?oA==?= Home Video

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Tue, 07 Sep 2004 16:21:59 -0400

Dennis
We have to stop agreeing like this. It is no FUN. The only reasons I can
think of for institutions to need PPR rights are any kind of public showing
( anything that goes beyond the students enrolled in a class) and =C7losed
Circuit or cable/internet broadcast . I see nothing wrong with basically
"throwing" in PPR rights on otherwise very expensive videos as a kind of an
"extra" BUT this only works if the title in question is ONLY available at
the higher price and more or less limited to institutions. Once a company
decides to sell to individuals, that pretty much lets the pricing cat out
of bag in terms of pricing Other than having every individual who purchases
a copy sign a contract that it for there personal use, there would be
nothing legally to restrict someone from buying a copy
and donating it to a library

Jessica
PS Dennis PLEASE beat up the Marlins for the next 3 days

--=20
Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503