[Videolib] DVD Security Cases

Konkel, Mary (Konkel@cdnet.cod.edu)
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 11:35:59 -0500

Check any library supply catalog eg. Gaylord, Demco, Highsmith-- or
their Web pages and you will find at least 1/2 dozen different types of
DVD security cases and yes, there is generally a locking mechanism to
them which requires a small desktop device.
In our situation, we'll need a few of the unlocking machines... at
circulation, in tech processing, at backroom checkin operations near
drop box...
=20
I would recommend asking for samples to be sent, so you can get an idea
of how big (Kwickcases are larger than the DVD containers) the container
is and what type of locking mechanism it has. This way you'll be able to
determine if you current shelving will accomodate and at what service
points you'll need the unlocking mechanisms.
=20
We're right in the middle of investigating ourselves and have found the
above vendors to be quite helpful in shipping sample boxes to help us
make our decision.--Mary
=20
=20
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Mary S. Konkel
Assistant Professor
Head of Technical Services
College of DuPage =20
Library SRC 3038A
425 Fawell Blvd.
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137-6599
Voice: (630) 942-2662
Fax: (630) 858-8757
Email: konkel@cdnet.cod.edu
=20
"You see, I don't believe that libraries should be drab places where
people sit in silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of
employing wild animals as librarians" -- Gorilla Librarian
sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus
=20