[Videolib] Television series in public libraries

Mike Boedicker (mboedicker@hotmail.com)
Sat, 28 Aug 2004 15:23:23 -0500

>I really think public libraries are
>becoming public entertainment/community centers and less an avenue for
>continued
>learning and education. Dewey and Carnegie must be rolling in their graves!
>GKZ

Sad & true., esp. regarding video/DVD. We've tried everything to boost
nonfiction video circ, but all anyone seems to want is features. And
weeding the features is depressing -- if low use was the sole criterion for
discarding, then stuff like Midnight Cowboy and Citizen Kane would be long
gone. Our few Adam Sandler films, though, each have about 10 layers of due
date labels on them.

Mike Boedicker
Audiovisual Director & Webmaster
Danville Public Library
319 N. Vermilion, Danville, IL 61832
(217) 477-5223 ext. 123 / Fax: (217) 477-5230
Library site: http://www.danville.lib.il.us
Personal site: http://www.boedicker.net