[Videolib] New Releases from the Cinema Guild -Middle Easter

Tatar, Becky (bltata@aurora.lib.il.us)
Sat, 28 Aug 2004 11:06:03 -0500

And thank you, Larry, for your pricing structure. I have bought films from
you directly, or through another vendor. And while they are not the highest
circulating items, they fill a subject need in the collection. This whole
discussion really comes down to the library mission, philosophy, and
collection development policies. I figure that the video collection should
mirror somewhat the book collection. So, while we do get the latest
Grisham, Steele, Evanovich, etc., we also get Stephen Ambrose, Brian Greene,
books on science, sports, social issues, etc. But in this day and age, when
all many people look at are bottom line numbers, pushing for a well rounded
collection is hard. My 2 cents.

Becky Tatar
Unit Head, Periodicals, Audiovisual
Aurora Public Library