[Videolib] New Releases from the Cinema Guild -Middle Eastern

Tatar, Becky (bltata@aurora.lib.il.us)
Sat, 28 Aug 2004 10:07:02 -0500

Hi, Jonathan!

Since I have stated the same thing as Fred, now is the time to put my money
where my mouth is, so to speak. I have sent your post to our AV ordering
person, and you should get it next week. Now, I don't anticipate a monster
circ for these titles, but I do think that given what's happening in the
world, we need to have films like this in the collection. But even though I
have a sizable film budget overall, my budget for World History is $1000.
And my budget for Social Issues is $600. Purchasing your 5 films at $350
each would put me over the top for those two areas!. Plus, and I know this
shouldn't be a factor, but I just can't face telling a patron that since
their tape player ate the tape, they have to pony up the $350 to replace it.
That's more than their player probably cost. I hope a lot of us public
librarians take you up on your offer!

Becky Tatar
Unit Head, Periodicals, Audiovisual
Aurora Public Library