[Videolib] Pedal Magic eVideo

Deg Farrelly (DEG.FARRELLY@asu.edu)
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 20:50:20 -0700

Of course, the publisher is completely within his rights to structure
the video that way.

=20

But then we are also within our rights to refuse to purchase the item.

=20

I had an exchange with a vendor this year who wanted me to send him the
name(s) of the faculty who requested his self-distributed video. I
explained in an email that Arizona confidentiality law did not allow us
to release that information. But that I could notify them in case *
they * wanted to contact him to give feedback. He demanded that we
return the video, that he would not allow sale of his product to schools
that would not allow him to contact the faculty who use the title, to
get feedback.

=20

We had already received the video, and processed it for payment. This
factor of revealing users was not a condition of sale, so I ignored his
request.

=20

deg farrelly

ASU West Library