[Videolib] Pedal Magic eVideo

Jaeschke, Myles (mjaesch@tulsalibrary.org)
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 17:05:30 -0500

Hi all,
=20
I have had the most bizarre emails back and forth with a guy selling a =
video on how to ride a bike. He is selling the video only as a Digital =
Rights Management CD. =20
=20
However, he thinks that our patrons should checkout the CD from us and =
then pay his company a fee for a license to "unlock" the disc for use.
=20
Below is the conversion I had with him via email. Is it just me or is =
he completely off his rocker. I understand protecting your property but =
this is crazy.
=20
Take Care,
Myles=20
Tulsa City-County Library
Film Librarian
=20
It is unfortunate for your patrons that you don't get the point. You =
will, of course, be seeing more such digital rights management in the =
future by content providers, not less.

We are a for-profit company.

Take care. --Reginald