[Videolib] TV reference question

Darla Moore (Darla.M.Moore@Rollins.edu)
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 12:55:39 -0400

Are you sure it couldn't be Two Women (1961) starring Sophia Loren?
It's not a made-for-TV film, but it here is the plot summary.
Darla Moore
Rollins College

Plot Summary for
Ciociara, La

(Two Women, UK and USA)

Cesira and her 13-year-old daughter, Rosetta, flee from the allied bombs
in Rome during the second world war. They travel to the village where
Cesira was born. During their journey and in the village, the mother
does everything to protect Rosetta. However, on one occasion they both
get raped by soldiers hiding in a church. This cruel event is too much
for the always powerful fighting Cesira and she suffers from a
breakdown. During their stay in the village, a young intellectual,
Michele falls in love with Cesira who does not know how to reply to the
advances of such a gentleman.