[Videolib] Re: promotional copies

Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:47:04 -0500

Thanks. =20
=20
I totally agree that we all work very hard to review these films, and
being able to add the work to the collection--free of charge--should be
every distributor's way of saying "Thanks, I appreciate what you are
doing for me and my company."
=20
-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Gary Handman
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2004 2:37 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: RE: [Videolib] Re: promotional copies

What I'm saying is that I personally view review copies as
compensation for putting in the hard word of banging out an intelligent
review. In my opinion, if I want to donate that copy to my library, so
be it... I do (definitely!) understand the "loss of sale"
issue--particularly with my pals the indie distributors...
Nonethless... I have been successful in splitting the difference with
some distributors: I agree to pay half (or at least a substantially
lowered price) for the right to retain the screener in the library's
collection.
=09
=09